Thursday, March 14, 2013

Along The Border

I had the urge to start hiding a series of micro/nano caches on the county line here in Kershaw County, SC. I am using these great little containers from Cache Advance called hanging nanos. I have had some great logs from a lot of cachers on these. Some good ribbing/hatred of the things because, as you can see, they are tiny+Wally Turbeville can vouch for both the size and the hatred of. The reason I mention Cache Advance is due to their pricing. I found these for $1.65 apiece. A lot of the other sites are running $2.00-$3.00 apiece and I found one that I won't mention here wanting $4.00. Cache Advance will see more business from me in the future.

I've also been using some containers from GxProxy. As this won't be a full micro series I will also be putting out a few Mighty Megas. These are large enough to hold most coins and have enough room for pathtags and small swag. The price on these ($5.99) may be a little more than most want to spend but you can get a discount buying in bulk. Several cachers buying a lot together can get a great deal from GxProxy. They also sell a range of other containers, lights, swag, and mint geocoins and other specialty items.

I have already placed and posted the first six of this series and hope that my new containers arrive this Friday so that I can continue hiding this Saturday. The weather looks just right for a full day of caching and hiding. It has been awhile since I had a whole day to myself and I plan to take full advantage of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment